- Go scuba diving, snorkeling, swimming, kayaking, sunbathing, enjoy the coral reefs and colorful marine life. There are a number of Dive centers providing courses for PADI certification
- Ride the water taxis to the Utila Cays and enjoy the turquoise waters or go fishing.
- For the adventurous, enjoy riding the horses up on the hills
- Exploring the island by bicycle offers gentle exercise and available at a nominal rent. For the less challenged, drive around in the golf carts, two wheelers, Tuk Tuk taxis
- Nature walks along the trails will take you to the Pumpkin Hill, the highest point on the island. Guided Island tours of the usoe cave, Fresh water caves, the Iguana Center, Pumpkin Hill are available at a nominal cost.
- Fitness centre, Spa, Massage
- Enjoy the eclectic bars filled with fun loving locals and young travelers from around the world. The Beer, Cocktail drinks, and food (Fajitas, Quesadias and many more) are at rock bottom prices. Utila has an active night life and the night Tourist Police patrol makes it a safe place.
- The Movie theatre shows several movies in the evening
- Number of volunteer opportunities (BICA-Bay Islands Conservation Association at the visitors center, Iguana station, Canahua) in Utila are available with schools and local research centers dedicated to local flora and fauna.
- Utila Carnival is held in mid July
- Sunjam is two day techno electric music and dancing fiesta held at Water cay during the first weekend of August.
- Utila Dive festival during mid August.
- Utila Food Festival in October